Facilitating possibilities and practicalities
Barb combines her facilitation skills and knowledge of strategic planning processes to assist organizations with developing effective, realistic, and motivating strategies plans for three to ten years, and operational plans for one to two years. Barb has facilitated planning processes lasting from one day to ten months. She has written strategic plans in a one page format to 100+ pages. Organizations that she works with report that the plans are never left on the shelf.
Examples of Projects and Processes:
ALS Society of Alberta – strategic planning workshops
- Barb facilitated the organization’s five year strategic planning process starting in 2007 and consulting for reviews and updates of the plan through to 2013. This included project coordination with a Steering Committee, stakeholder consultation by telephone interviews, staff focus groups, and facilitation of the Board of Directors Retreats lasting one to two days, report production, and strategic plan writing.
Alberta Retired Teachers Association – annual strategic planning retreats
- Barb facilitated three-day Strategic/Operational Planning retreats and wrote their strategic plans from 2005 to 2012.
City of Calgary, Application Support Centre Division – strategic and business planning
Barb facilitated strategic and business planning sessions with the overall division and then helped each unit develop business and action plans.
Other clients that Barb works with:
- ALS Society of Alberta – extensive stakeholder consultation and strategic planning session
- In-Definite Arts Society
- City of Calgary
- Lethbridge County
- Between Friends Society
- Red Deer Culture Link
- Red Deer County Recreation and Culture Boards
- Developmental Disabilities Resource Centre, Calgary
- Alberta Senior Citizens Sport and Recreation Association
- Youth Emergency Shelter Society (Edmonton)
- KidSport Alberta
- Red Deer Summer CentreFest Society
- Edmonton John Howard Society
- The Calgary John Howard Society
- Parkland Regional Library
- Edmonton Women’s Shelter
- Squash Alberta
- Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada – Alberta Division
- Alberta Northern Lights Wheelchair Basketball Association